Do neglected pets tend to tug at your heartstrings? If so, you can begin advocating for animal welfare to make a real difference! Whether you want to help out at an animal sanctuary, or you’re interested in fostering a rescue pet, Barkswell has gathered up plenty of informative resources to point you in the right direction.
FINDING WAYS TO HELP
You would be surprised by how much you can do for neglected animals on your own! Here are a few ideas you can get started with.
- Are you concerned about the laws surrounding animal welfare in your state? This guide will teach you how to contact your representatives.
- If you have noticed strays around your home, this resource will help you determine when to call animal control.
- Do you have lots of space in your home? You could foster a pet — and if you connect, you can adopt them!
GET INVOLVED WITH AN ORGANIZATION
There are plenty of groups working to help animals in your area, and these resources will help you get plugged in.
“…you can begin advocating for animal welfare to make a real difference!”
CREATE YOUR OWN NONPROFIT
If you haven’t come across an organization that addresses the animal welfare issue you’re most concerned about, you can start your very own nonprofit!
- You might be eager to dive right in, but take some time to write up a business plan for your new organization.
- Do a little research to find out if you can establish your nonprofit as an LLC in your state.
- Even if you have some savings to start with, you may want to apply for grants for additional funding.
- After you get your nonprofit off the ground, you can start exploring various avenues for fundraising!
Many people are concerned about neglected pets and animals in need. But you don’t have to wait for someone else to help! With these tips, you’ll be ready to step in and make life better for the animals in your area.
Whether you’re a dog parent or are thinking about fostering or adopting a dog, you can get all the advice you need at Barkswell.